Stakes and objectives
Organized by SUEZ in Western France, the call for projects “An ocean of drops of water” aims to promote initiatives to protect the oceans and fresh water, that will be beneficial to every user today and tomorrow. SUEZ is launching the first call for projects on 1 October 2019, with a view to supporting local initiatives in Western France that will help to protect the oceans and fresh water.
Here are a few examples of the types of initiatives that will help to achieve this goal:
- Cleaning up the coastline, beaches, riverbanks and rivers,
- Operations that raise awareness of the need to protect the quality of the water in the oceans and rivers,
- Actions against pollution by solids (e.g., plastics, etc.), liquids (e.g., micro-pollutants) and accidental pollution,
- The prevention of flooding and rising sea levels (e.g., by planting trees on dunes),
- Actions in favour of biodiversity and the protection of the ecosystems around water masses,
- Actions in favour of the recycling or reuse of waste produced by economic activity related to the sea,
Who can apply ?
The call for projects is open to all NGOs, organisations or schools that:
- Can produce an invoice or a tax receipt for the supported operation,
- Are managing a one-off or recurrent project that aims to contribute to the protection of the oceans or fresh water.
The projects must meet all the following criteria to be eligible:
- The funded project must start taking action before 30 September 2020,
- The action must be taken in Western France (the Normandy, Brittany, Centre Val de Loire or Pays de la Loire regions),
- The action must contribute to the protection of the oceans and fresh water,
- All the fields on the application form must be duly completed,
The owner of the project must be able to present the action on the occasion of a possible closing event of the 2019 / 2020 campaign.
- Opening of the call for projects: 1 October 2019
- The deadline for the reception of applications for funding: 30 September 2020
If all the funds are allocated before 30 September 2020, applicants will be informed of the early closure of the “Ocean of drops of water” call for projects by e-mail.
The amount allocated to each selected application will take into account the project and will be between 250 euros and 1,000 euros per project.
The allocation granted to project leaders will be paid within the framework of a partnership agreement established between SUEZ and the selected candidate in order to trigger the payment and define the counter-parties.
A committee of members of SUEZ’s functional divisions from Western France will select the projects to receive financial support from the SUEZ Group, with the help of SUEZ national experts where necessary, as and when the applications are received.
Challenge documentation (in French) :
How to apply?
Applications should only be sent to the dedicated email address between 1 October 2019 and 30 September 2020:
If you already have an account on www.openresource.suez.com, you can login and apply via the “Apply” button below.